provides employers a return-to-workplace framework backed by CDC guidelines and the latest clinical science
- Protocol is supported by the ProtectWell
smartphone app that screens for COVID-19 symptoms and clears employees for daily work
- Solution powered by Microsoft technologies to enable scalability, security, privacy and compliance
will be offered free of charge to employers in the United States
MINNETONKA, Minn., and REDMOND, Wash. (May 15, 2020) – UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) and Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) have joined forces to launch ProtectWell
In addition, ProtectWell
Microsoft Executive Vice President, Worldwide Commercial Business, Judson Althoff said: “As businesses begin to reopen, employers will need to monitor and manage their workforce for COVID-19 symptoms to help ensure those at risk of spreading the virus stay home until cleared by medical providers. Microsoft is pleased to join with UnitedHealth Group to launch ProtectWell
UnitedHealth Group has implemented ProtectWell
- Providing $1.5 billion in direct customer and consumer support through premium credits, cost-sharing waivers and other efforts.
- Accelerating payments to providers throughout the crisis, with an initial tranche of nearly $2 billion.
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 testing and treatment for U.S. members of UnitedHealthcare plans and simplifying access to care by reducing prior-authorization requirements.
- Pioneering self-administered swab procedures to expand COVID-19 testing, reduce needed personal protective equipment and protect health care workers from unnecessary exposure to COVID-19.
- Supporting the Mayo Clinic’s groundbreaking research into the therapeutic potential of using plasma from COVID-19 survivors.
- Deploying 3,000 “light ventilators” to address critical shortages in the nation’s supply of ventilators.
- Significantly expanding access to telehealth and virtual visits and redeploying 10,000 Optum clinicians to expand telehealth capabilities.
- Providing a special enrollment period for fully insured customers to allow employees who did not opt in for coverage during the regular enrollment period to secure coverage.
- Conducting proactive personal outreach to support seniors and the most vulnerable populations among our members.
- Launching a free nationwide emotional support line to manage the stress and anxiety caused by COVID-19.
- Investing nearly $75 million to help at-risk populations, support communities and protect the health care workforce.
- Converting company cafeterias to provide more than 75,000 meals a week for people in need and keep our cafe team at work.
About UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) is a diversified health care company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and helping to make the health system work better for everyone. UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. For more information, visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com or follow @UnitedHealthGrp on Twitter.
Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT” @microsoft) enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. Its mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
For more information, press only:
UnitedHealth Group Contact:
Eric Hausman, 952-936-3963, Eric.Hausman@uhg.com
Microsoft Media Relations, WE Communications for Microsoft, (425) 638-7777, firstname.lastname@example.org
You must log in to post a comment.