Three products developed by companies spun off from Samsung Electronics’ C-Lab are being showcased at this year’s Mobile World Congress (MWC): FITT360, a wearable 360-degree camera; Ahead, a communication device for people who wear helmets; and nemonic, a smart sticky note printer. (Photos available below.)
FITT360: Created by LINKFLOW, FITT360 is a neckband-type 360-degree camera that records full-HD video from the first-person viewpoint.
- Automatic stitching technology enables 360-degree content to be shared and broadcast in real time.
- A 6-axis sensor helps to deliver unshakable stability and minimize distortion.
- Its ergonomic, durable design made from water- and dust-resistant materials ensures that it can be worn comfortably and in just about any environment.
- FITT360 SECURITY, a variant for use as a bodycam, is also available for the security market.
Ahead: Developed by analogue plus, Ahead is a smart communication device that makes it easier and safer for helmet users such as cyclists, skiers and construction workers to make calls, enjoy music and receive voice notifications.
- The device, which attaches to the outside of a helmet, is paired with the user’s smart phone.
- Noise cancellation and beam-forming technology provide loud and clear communication while active, even in noisy environments.
- Push to Talk (PTT) functionality enables communication among multiple users at the same time via a two-way radio connection.
nemonic: Launched by Mangoslab, nemonic is a compact smart printer that prints memos from a mobile device or PC as sticky notes without using ink or toner.
- Users can compose, edit and print information such as digitally handwritten memos, text, images, or tables using preset templates on the nemonic app.
- Information is printed on sticky note paper in less than five seconds.
- Printed notes can be saved on a cloud service to be managed and shared easily.
- nemonic can connect to up to 20 mobile devices simultaneously via Bluetooth.
Where to find the projects:
- FITT 360 SECURITY: Hall 1 at Fira Gran Via Stand 1H1
- Ahead: Hall 8 at Fira Montjuïc–4YFN Stand L4.4
- nemonic: Hall 8 at Fira Montjuïc–4YFN Stand L1.8/L1.6
About C-Lab: Created in December 2012, Samsung’s C-Lab is an internal venture incubation program that encourages a creative corporate culture and nurtures innovative ideas from Samsung employees.
- C-Lab projects make up a number of unique categories, including transportation, education, social contribution, fintech, healthcare, IoT and beauty.
- Since its establishment, C-Lab has supported 195 projects.
- Of these completed projects, 46 percent have been transferred to a Samsung business department; 32 percent were completed and wrapped up; and 22 percent have become spin-off companies.
- Samsung C-Lab has been participating in major international exhibitions since 2015, when it was first introduced at South by Southwest (SXSW). C-Lab projects have also been featured at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin (IFA) and the Virtual Reality LA Expo (VRLA), among other large-scale global tech gatherings.