(as of Mar 24,2020 06:18:04 UTC – Details)
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Microsoft Power BI and its business intelligence capabilities
- Build accurate analytical models, reports, and dashboards
- Get faster and more intuitive insights from your data using Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI is a cloud-based service that helps you visualize your data and share insights easily. This book will help you get started with business intelligence using the Power BI toolset, covering essential concepts such as installation, designing effective data models, as well as building basic dashboards and visualizations to help you make better business decisions.
You’ll learn how to obtain data from a variety of sources and clean it using Power BI Query Editor. You’ll then understand how you can design your data model to navigate and explore relationships within it, and build DAX formulas to make your data easier to work with. Visualizing your data is a key element in this book, and you’ll get to grips with data visualization styles and enhanced digital storytelling techniques. This guide will help you understand how to administer your organization’s Power BI environment so deployment can be made seamless, data refreshes can run properly, and security can be fully implemented.
By the end of this book, you’ll have a better understanding of how to get the most out of Power BI to perform effective business intelligence.
What you will learn
- Connect to data sources using both import and DirectQuery options
- Use Query Editor for data transformation and data cleansing processes, including writing M and R scripts
- Design optimized data models by designing relationships and DAX calculations
- Design effective reports with built-in and custom visuals
- Adopt Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service to implement row-level security on your model
- Administer a Power BI cloud tenant for your organization
- Deploy your Power BI desktop files into the Power BI Report Server
Who this book is for
Aspiring business intelligence professionals who want to get up and running with Microsoft Power BI will find this book useful. If you have a basic understanding of BI concepts and want to learn how to apply them using Microsoft Power BI, this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Importing Data Options
- Data Transformation Strategies
- Building the Data Model
- Leveraging DAX
- Visualizing Data
- Digital Storytelling with Power BI
- Using a Cloud Deployment with the Power BI Service
- On-Premises Solutions with Power BI Report Server