Today, we are honored that Gartner has recognized Microsoft, for the second year in a row, as a leader in the Content Collaboration Platforms Magic Quadrant report. Microsoft placed highest in ability to execute and has made substantial improvements in the completeness of vision over last year’s report. Additionally, Microsoft is recognized as a leader in both the Content Collaboration Platforms and Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant reports.
We feel this recognition exemplifies our vision and customer commitment to ensure OneDrive provides the best content collaboration capabilities, including:
- Accessing all your files from any device—Easily get to your personal and shared files from across Office 365. Use your mobile device to capture whiteboards and scan receipts, business cards, and other paper docs.
- Sharing inside or outside your organization—Simply and securely share files with anyone inside or outside your organization. You can see who has viewed, modified, or shared your files and limit their access as needed.
- Collaborating with deep Office integration—OneDrive is included with Office 365 and is the only solution that enables you to seamlessly co-author Office documents across the browser, mobile, and desktop apps.
- Quickly finding files that matter most—Easily get back to your recent and shared files from any device. Discover new files in Office 365 with intelligent recommendations based on who you work with and what they are working on.
- Protecting your work—With over 100 datacenters worldwide, we offer trusted, enterprise-grade compliance and security, leading industry compliance standards, and native security capabilities such as Data Loss Prevention, eDiscovery, and malicious attack recovery.
We are also proud of the positive feedback from our 135 million monthly active Office 365 commercial users, many who have switched from on-premises solutions and other cloud content collaboration platforms to OneDrive. This includes Fortune 500 customers such as MGM Resorts International and Textron, as well as Dimension Data, who are improving data security, meeting global data residency requirements, and reducing third-party licensing costs by moving to OneDrive. Small businesses such as aeronautic manufacturer Jemco and elite tour operator Utah Luxury Tours also benefit from the productivity and mobility of using OneDrive with Office 365. Collectively, our customers have nearly tripled the amount of content stored in OneDrive over the past 12 months and have helped shape the future of the product.
Microsoft has a bold vision to transform content collaboration for the modern workplace inclusive of files, dynamic web sites and portals, streaming video, AI, and mixed reality, while reducing costs and improving compliance and security. Learn more about the exciting announcements from our annual SharePoint Virtual Summit below:
Last but not least, be sure to visit the OneDrive website and join us at Microsoft Ignite, September 24-28, 2018, where we’ll share what’s next for OneDrive and Office 365 with you and over 20,000 of your peers.
Get your own complimentary copy of the Gartner Content Collaborations Platforms Magic Quadrant report.
1 Gartner “Predicts 2018: Digital Workplace Technologies,” Mike Gotta | Nikos Drakos | Carol Rozwell | Whit Andrews | Monica Basso | Karen A. Hobert | Jack Santos | Stephen Emmott, 08 December 2017
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.