Today, we’re excited to announce Azure for Students. Designed uniquely with student-focused cloud usage in-mind, this offer gives verified students full access to 25+ free Azure products as well as US$100 monetary credit for use toward our paid products with no credit card requirement. If you’re seeking to grow your cloud dev skills – you’re in the right place. Get started here.
Helping students build for tomorrow
Azure for Students is part of our growing commitment to Education both in the cloud and in the STEM classroom. Cloud and specifically distributed computing competencies are the #1 skillset needed most by organizations in 2018, according to LinkedIn.
Today’s students are tomorrow’s developers; we want to help these students be successful future cloud developers regardless of the tools & technologies they pick. From learning a language to building new Artificial Intelligence experiences, students can now learn through a growing library of computer science labs and how-to-build docs.
We also continue to champion Imagine Cup, our worldwide student technology competition showcasing the creativity of students using Azure to help solve some of the biggest problems we face today. Watch their stories on our Imagine Cup YouTube channel.
How you can use Azure for your own student projects
You can start building with any of the free services and use your Azure credit to spend right now:
- Discover the flexibility of Azure through our vast library of open source services.
- Deploy Azure Virtual Machines including powerful GPUs with support for Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IBM, and SAP. Azure gives users the flexibility of virtualization for a wide range of computing solutions.
- Build Web and Mobile Apps quickly using .NET, .NET Core, Java, Ruby, Node.js, PHP, and Python. Integrate Azure App Service into existing frameworks and get unparalleled developer productivity with cutting-edge capabilities such as continuous integration, live-site debugging, and the industry-leading Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning infuses apps, websites, and bots with intelligent algorithms to see, hear, speak, understand, and interpret a user’s needs through natural methods of communication. Enabling computers to learn from data and experiences and to act without being explicitly programmed.
- Harness Big Data by analyzing all data in one place with no artificial constraints with Azure Data Lake Store. Data Lake Store can store trillions of files and a single file can be larger than one petabyte in size—200 times larger than other cloud store options.
Thank you, educators and students, for your continued partnership. We hope this offer helps unlock new opportunities and inspires you to create what’s next.
Get started with Azure for Students today!