“iBook has been a big hit with consumers, students and educators, and the addition of portable digital video editing with FireWire and iMovie 2 makes it even better,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Anyone can now own a portable movie studio for just $1,499.”
The new iBook models include:
– a 366 MHz or 466 MHz PowerPC G3 processor;
– a 10GB IDE hard drive, configurable to 20GB;
– a 400 Mbps FireWire port for connecting high-speed peripherals such as digital camcorders and hard disk drives;
– a CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive;
– an AV port providing audio and composite video output;
– the blazing ATI RAGE Mobility 128 controller with 8MB of SDRAM for great games and graphics.
Like the original iBook, all new models continue to offer outstanding features such as a brilliant 12.1-inch (diagonal) active-matrix TFT display; “all-day” battery life of up to six hours; support for Apple’s revolutionary AirPort™ wireless networking solution; and instant Internet access with a free 30-day trial with EarthLink.
The new iBooks are available immediately from Apple Authorized Resellers and The Apple Store™ (www.apple.com) in two standard configurations:
- iBook, available in Indigo, features a 366 MHz PowerPC G3 processor, with 64MB of SDRAM, 256K level 2 cache, a 10GB IDE hard drive, 24x-speed CD-ROM drive, USB and FireWire ports, a built-in 56K modem, 10/100BASE-T Ethernet and iMovie 2 for an estimated retail price of US$1,499; and
- iBook Special Edition, available in Graphite, features a 466 MHz PowerPC G3 processor, with 64MB of SDRAM, 256K level 2 cache, a 10GB IDE hard drive, 6x-speed DVD-ROM drive, USB and FireWire ports, a built-in 56K modem, 10/100BASE-T Ethernet and iMovie 2 for an estimated retail price of US$1,799.
Both iBook and iBook Special Edition are available in Key Lime through the Apple Store.
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators and creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.
(650) 968-4033 ext. 2735
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Store, AirPort, FireWire, iBook and iMovie are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.