“QuickTime 6 will be the best platform for creating and viewing MPEG-4 content,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. “Combining QuickTime 6 with the free QuickTime Streaming Server and QuickTime Broadcaster, Apple delivers the world’s first complete media solution for creating, streaming and viewing MPEG-4 content.”
Key features of QuickTime 6 include:
- the world’s first complete media solution for MPEG-4 content creation and streaming when combined with the free QuickTime Streaming Server and QuickTime Broadcaster;
- the video codec for encoding and decoding MPEG-4 video content;
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), the next generation audio format;
- adherence to the Internet Streaming Media Alliance (ISMA) 1.0 specification;
- MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 playback, ideal for content creators who wish to preview and share work throughout the production process;
- DVC Pro (PAL) support;
- an updated user interface for easier access to QuickTime content; and
- skip protection enhancements.
QuickTime is Apple’s industry-leading standards-based software for developing, producing and delivering high quality audio and video over IP, wireless and broadband networks. QuickTime ships with more than 150 digital camera models, demonstrating consumer electronics companies’ use of QuickTime to provide consumers with the highest quality media playback experience. More than one dozen new software titles incorporating QuickTime ship each day, as content creators worldwide choose QuickTime to deliver the fullest media experience.
Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Apple is committed to bringing the best personal computing experience to students, educators, creative professionals and consumers around the world through its innovative hardware, software and Internet offerings.
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, and QuickTime are trademarks of Apple. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.