While we have shared our environmental footprint since 2012, today’s report offers more detail and context on our work. Specifically, in 2019, we:
- Achieved a 59% reduction in our operational greenhouse gas emissions over 2017 levels, and reached 86% renewable energy for all of our operations
- Were recognized as the No. 1 corporate buyer of renewable energy in the US by the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance — and No. 2 in the world by Bloomberg NEF
- Committed to our first direct investment in a renewable energy project with the 300 MW Prospero Solar Project in Texas
- Accelerated our investment in water restoration projects that will replenish 206,000 cubic meters (55 million gallons) per year of water in Oregon and New Mexico
- Partnered with global organizations to develop our Climate Conversation Map, which provides new information to help others advance climate action
We are proud to be on track to meet our 2020 goals and look forward to continuing to minimize our energy, emissions and water usage.
Climate change is an urgent issue facing the world today, and we are committed to continuing to do our part to address this global challenge.